Thursday, January 25, 2007

'Years ago I preferred clever people. There was a joy in beholding
a mind bearing thoughts quickly translated into words, or ideas expressed
in a new way. I find now that my taste has changed. Verbal fireworks
often bore me. They seem motivated by self-assertion and self-display.
I now prefer another type of person; one who is considerate, understanding
of others, careful not to break down another person?s self-respect. My
preferred person today is one who is always aware of the needs of others,
or their pain and fear and unhappiness, and their search for self-respect.
I once liked clever people. Now I like good people.'
- Solomon Freehof

Ditto!

1 Comments:

Blogger claytonia vices said...

Preferring EQ over IQ! :-) That's so right!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home